Thursday

Prayer For My Spouse

Heavenly Father, You are gracious and loving.
I am thankful for the unmerited mercy and forgiveness I receive daily.
Your lovingkindness knows no bounds.
Although I am not worthy, you love me still.

Father God, teach me to love like you.
To love my spouse, although I may not believe him worthy,
Just as You love me despite all of my flaws.
Teach me to forgive him, as you have forgiven me.
To forgive, not when my spouse stops sinning, but now just as You forgive me when I ask,
Help me to forgive and forget freeing me from the bondage unforgiveness can hold.

Show me how to be the spouse you are calling me to be.
To honor my vows despite whatever the circumstance may be.

Father God, I ask that you place a blanket of protection over my marriage.
Your word says that what is bound here is also bound in heaven.
Keep malicious and wicked men and women from my marriage.
Bind up their attempts to destroy our marriage and our walk with you.

Instead place us on a path to be an encouragement to others.
Place those in our path that we can witness to of your greatness
and how a good marriage can be when Christ is in the center of it.

May your light shine through me today and always.

Bless my spouse today.

Your loving servant.






No comments:

Post a Comment