Tuesday

Planting Seeds

Hello Beautiful Readers! Today my post is serving two purposes, so be sure to read all the way down to the bottom.

Yesterday afternoon, after sitting on my couch stuffed from all of the BBQ, a relative of mine came in and sat on the couch. This particular relative is not a born again Christian. I believe this young man keeps God at arm's length, for reasons to many to list. Nevertheless when he seeks my or David's advice we always counsel from a Christian perspective. While I don't expect him to jump up after hearing our advice and proclaiming he is a born again Christian (although maybe I should), I do believe that David and I are planting seeds so that God will nuture and water how He see fit. Our job is to plant the seed. Amazingly enough, I have seen the little sprouts in his faith and it is quite wonderful to see. To God be the glory!

I wasn't always so brave to give Christian counsel. I could blame it on wisdom or lack thereof. I could blame it not finding the words because I don't know the bible as I probably should.  I am actually quite shy around those I don't know well, so I could blame it on my timid nature. I dislike confrontation, so I could blame it on keeping my peace. I could blame it on so many other things, but in reality my hindrance was fear.

I feared that I didn't have enough wisdom, enough bible study, enough boldness, enough backbone, enough of anything. My fear controlled me. I had to recgnize that if God called me to do it than He would give me the wisdom, the words, the boldness, the courage and everything else I need to JUST DO IT!

So having said that, I am calling all of you encouragers! I am in search of a few admins to help sow seeds into the My Restoration Journey Facebook Group and some to write encouraging posts that will be featured here on the blog and on the facebook page. Be a blessing to someone else, even in the midst of your own struggle.

Pen named encourages are more than welcome for I know that we want to encourage but do not want to use our real names. So if that is you, please feel free to use a pen name. I will train those who are may need a little help with the techincal side of things, which is very, very minimal.

Is the holy spirit been nudging you? If so, please contact me here or inbox me on Facebook for more details!

But the one who plants in response to God, letting God’s Spirit do the growth work in him, harvests a crop of real life, eternal life. Galatians 6:8 MSG

1 comment:

  1. Omg, I would love to help, that's what I do best just call me mrs.bb..

    ReplyDelete