Thursday

Tying God's Hands

You have probably heard it many time before, "God can do all things" or "God is all powerful". So how is it that little old human you, has the power to tie the hands of the Creator of Heaven and Earth and all living things? You probably didn't even know that you had that power.

Well actually, it's more like a curse than a power. When you choose to follow your own way, you tie God's hands to bring about His will for your life. When you choose to live separately from God you tie his hands to give your His promises. When you speak cursings upon others (name calling & slander) you tie God's hands to bless you with the ability to disciple. When you choose to doubt His word because they are going badly you tie His hands to deliver you from your persecution. When you stop believing and fighting the good fight of faith, you tie God's hands to deliver the victory.

Let go and let God. Love and honor Him. Speak life. Have faith. Trust in Him.

I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.  When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen.  When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed. Jeremiah 29:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment