Tuesday

What Are YOU Doing for Baltimore?

I am still recovering from the flu but today is the first day, in a few days that I have been able to even look at my screen, so for that I am grateful.

Hearing of all the tragic news surrounding Baltimore, I had to risk a headache to reach out to you all.  My heart is so saddened by what is transpiring there and I felt so helpless. When I hear of such sorrow on a massve scale like this brought on by human actions, I even can feel hopeless.

It can sometimes feel like we Christians are in the background while the enemy is front and center. It appears that we are losing and he is winning. The hold that he can have on so many that can create such hate, violence, looting and murder (on both sides of the law) can be overwhelming.

Just looking at the news footage, most of who you see are teenagers and young adults. We are losing are youth rapidly and destructively. Where do we fall in the scheme of things. Should we simply turn our backs because they are not children or it isn't our town. Never let it be.

If teenagers and gangs can create such a riot, why can't we as a united front, create a spiritual riot? Chains need to be broken there and if not us to pray and break those chains, then who? Please don't think you can't help. Prayer is more important than the power and hatred.

We need to put the enemy under our feet and claim back what was stolen. Our children, our youth, our cities, our safety, our peace.

I URGE you to please pray with my wholeheartedly for Baltimore and its residents. Don't just believe that someone else is praying and that you don't need to. That is a lie of the enemy. We all need to gather is His name.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12
I promise that when any two of you on earth agree about something you are praying for, my Father in heaven will do it for you. 20 Whenever two or three of you come together in my name,[d] I am there with you. Matthew 18:19-20

Break Every Chain - Tasha Cobbs

Break Every Chain - Jesus Culture

No comments:

Post a Comment